Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Milk Tea Journey

Since I was born I am a true fan of milks and as far as I can remember and according to my parents, I drank  3-4 glasses of milk in a day. When I reached 7-years old, I don't know what happened to my taste buds beacuse the taste of milk for me was too dull (except if the milk flavor is chocolate). Since then, I cannot consider myself to be a milk drinker and yes, until now. Most of my relatives in the father side are not milk drinkers especially my Dad. so I guess, "mana-mana lang yan".

And nowadays, Milk Tea stores are now sprouting in every corners of the metro. And when you see those milk tea stores, you will see a long line of people waiting to take their orders and the other line of people who holds a round buzzer waiting for their orders.

So here are the milk tea stores that I tried:

1.) Happy Lemon
Who would've thought that this Milk Tea store is owned by the famous and oh so hot-and-humble basketball player Chris Tiu from ADMU Basketball team players? He's a good yuppie aside from the fact that he's playing for the Smart Gilas Team, TV host, and a model.This man is too dreamy :)

Anyway, Happy Lemon at Power Plant was the first milk tea store that I've tried. The first flavor that I tried was their famous Coffee with Rock Salt and Cheese. I know its sounds weird and not appetizing. I even had hesitations to try it  but my friend told me that its delicious and I won't regret it if I purchase such. So yes, I tried it.






and that weird drink made me and my tummy happy. Haha! :D after several days of trying their famous coffee with rock salt and cheese, I tried another kind of drink in Happy Lemon and it was the Lemon Peppermint with Nata de Coco


this drink is too refreshing plus the nata de coco made it oh so yummy. A perfect thirst quencher!
(please pardon my haggard pose and smile here. I had a long walk before that. Hehe.)


this photo was taken last December 2011 enjoying my coffee with rock salt and cheese while strolling around Powerplant


2.) Chatime. when I saw the ads about the Banana Milk Tea & Lychee Milk Tea series around Chatime, Landmark, I urge myself to try their Banana Milk Tea before its too late.


I must say that every gulp of my banana milk tea with pearls was really really good. Because of that, every time I pass by Chatime Landmark I always dig for their Banana Milk Tea. But the hell, it was always sold out. But Lance told me that I should try other kinds of milk tea that they offer. So we tried their Taro Milk Tea


and if you will ask me if I loved the taste of this taro milk tea.....my taste buds are saying NOT!

3.) Serenitea  So yesterday, Lance and I went to Serenitea along Jupiter Makati.  This place is so cozy, makes me want to chill and study there. :)


I just had two kinds of Serenitea Milk Teas in just one sitting. We ordered first their Chocolate Milk Tea with Panna Cotta Sinkers


the taste for me was a pure milo choco malt drink with a hint of tea. The sweetness of the Panna Cotta sinkers blend into the bittersweet taste of chocolate milk tea

and the second milk tea that I tried was the Toffee Milk Tea with pearl sinkers


this milk tea is so much better than the chocolate milk tea. Its the coffee taste that I really like. Besides, I'm a coffee lover. I drink coffee like water. Hehe :)

All of these Milk Tea stores ranges to P80-P150. Very affordable. And if you will ask me which milk tea stores is my favorite? I would have say, NONE. Why? Because first; I'm not a milk tea fan and second; I'm so choosy when it comes to milk tea flavors. Besides, I would prefer drinking coffee than milk tea.

If you know any milk tea stores around the metro that offers a Banana Milk Tea aside from Chatime, please let me know. Feel free to comment your thoughts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment